View Profile AngstClinic

All 43 Audio Reviews

43 w/ Responses

A couple things.

1.) This is trippy. In a good way.
2.) That was a pretty good replication of GLaDOS's voice, I was skeptical at first, but then it sounded just like her.

Anyways, good song and mix. Would like to hear more, as you get better with making the music.

sakesensei responds:

Thank you alot for your input.
I try hard to get a little better everyday.
I'm very glad you enjoyed this song. Cheers!

This that funky shit. Good stuff, smooth as hell.

Zooloo75 responds:

Thanks :)

The style is badass, just needs some mastering and this could sound solid as fuck man. Do you do collabs?

UsVsDeath responds:

A collab sounds interesting, but atm we don't have the time. Hopefully one day we can.

Pretty good shit! Gonna have to check your profile. I enjoyed it dude, the beat is trippy as hell.

UsVsDeath responds:

Thanks for checking our stuff out, we appreciate the feed back!

Not bad, this sounds leagues better than what I was making for a long time, trust me!

As for constructive criticism, one thing I tell every one, is that in a hip hop beat, or any instrumental like this, the drum work and sound of the drums overall carry the music along. You want the kick to stand out a little more, I would suggest looking into YouTube for some EQ and Mixing tutorials, as the process is a little too extensive for a simple type out on Newgrounds. The idea behind it, is that you are going to be cutting out unnecessary frequencies in all of your instruments. So say, you have a high pitched synthesizer, you would want to remove the low end frequencies and maybe even some of the low-mid freqs as well. If you are using FL Studio, it comes with a handy equalizer in the mixer called "Parametric EQ2," as for other DAWs, I have no advice because I have used FL Studio for awhile!

Another relevant point to make about the drums, is that you want all the instruments to be quieter on the mix than the Kick and Snare. It lets the beat itself stand out a bit more, and gives your listeners a feel for the flow a little better. It may sound quiet at first, but if you look into some tutorials on how to use the limiter correctly on the master insert, then you should be golden.

I highly suggest looking into tutorials to get the gist of mixing and mastering, but NEVER follow a BEAT MAKING tutorial, it will seriously cloud your music-making judgement, it's a trap that I feel for a long time ago, and I am just now trying to get my own sound out. Please, message me again if you would like to speak further or ask questions, I am always willing to help! Sorry if this is not adequate information, but the music making process as a whole is just that; a process! Good stuff though, don't ever give up on these things if you love to do it. Peace!

-J.P.

Funky sound! Badass!

4cat responds:

Thanks dood :-)

I dig the progressive ambiance, the way that the song flows through the orchestral is solid, and the song feels like the story you are portraying. It does end a little abruptly, but this is a minor factor as you can always change it, if you wanted! Releasing a song on hear does not mean it is a journey not worth retracing :D Solid style, and good use of instruments. Maybe mess around with slight effects and sound mixing a little more and boom! Although, I am not sure how open East West Symphonic Orchestra is!

On a second note, the song sounds good in loop. I just think it ended a little suddenly! Good song!

I can tell you like the program a lot :D Keep making stuff. Once you get it down you'll do well! I like this a lot :D

Whatastic responds:

it was a blast working on it and I'm glad you like it

Halo was a large part of my growing up. The game's where great. As a child, it all seemed so new.

Another good piece. I would love to make music with you. Send me a tell, with the details of how you think we should do this. I am down for anything.

kirbybro4 responds:

yea it was an amazing experience with halo :), i was mind blown, and the music was breathtaking, it was absolutely beautiful and amazing. Thanks Angst! :) yea i'll send you a message, i'm down for anything as well :D

The description is good, and the song is great. I like learning about an artist. Your music is a reflection of you, as can everyone's, if they have soul. But you have that component that a lot of people don't.

Good song.

kirbybro4 responds:

Thanks Angst! :)) and yea totally for me your art is you, like in every way it is you :D

Hello. My name is J.P., and I am both a musician, and a producer. I am practicing as much as I can, trying to get better and better at making sounds shine. I am going to offer up services as a producer to help master finished products. -PM FOR INFO-

25, Male